The ANU UniSafe personal safety program urges awareness of the dangers on campus and in the community in general.
UniSafe runs a number of initiatives to improve safety on campus and staff, students and visitors can help make the campus safer for everyone by:
- reporting any suspicious behaviour, thefts and incidents on campus to ANU Security
- taking conscious steps to avoid risky situations
- avoiding walking alone at night and if necessary organising a UniSafe Escort
- always use well-lit paths at night
- ensuring that all vehicles are locked when parked
- using the UniSafe Bus service for travelling around campus at night
- ensuring departmental staff are aware of safety issues.
ANU Security provides an escort service from University buildings to car parks, halls and colleges (including Fenner Hall on Northbourne Avenue). To access a UniSafe Guard Patrol Officer after hours, just dial 02 6125 2249 (extension 52249 from internal phones).
In addition to individual security escorts, ANU Security provides the UniSafe Bus.
The Unisafe bus service operates Monday to Friday evenings during semester from 5.15pm until 11.30pm. Bus service times are as follows:
|School of Art||5.17||5.57||6.37||7.17||8.37||9.17||9.57||10.37||11.17|
| Fenner Hall (opposite side
of Ipima St)
|Burton & Garran||5.42||6.22||7.02||7.42||9.02||9.42||10.22||11.02|
| John XXIII/Burgmann
(Action Bus stop, Daley Road)
|John Curtin School||5.47||6.27||7.07||7.47||9.07||9.47||10.27||11.07|
| Old Canberra House
(Bus calls on request)
| Sir Roland Wilson
|Coombs Lecture Theatre||5.53||6.33||7.13||8.33||9.13||9.53||10.33||11.13|
*Please note there is a half-hour break in the schedule between 7.50pm and 8.30pm.
The bus provides free, safe travel across campus (PDF, 122KB) (car parks, colleges, libraries, buildings) for students and staff as well as to the city bus interchange and Fenner Hall.
The driver is in direct contact with Security should a security incident occur.
Students and staff can contact the bus service via ANU Security or the driver directly on 0428 632 201 for special pick-up requirements.