ANU Safety initiatives
The ANU personal safety program urges awareness of the dangers on campus and in the community in general.
ANU Security run a number of initiatives to improve safety on campus. Staff, students and visitors can help make the campus safer for everyone by:
- reporting any suspicious behaviour, thefts and incidents on campus to ANU Security
- taking conscious steps to avoid risky situations
- avoiding walking alone at night and if necessary organising a UniSafe Escort
- always use well-lit paths at night
- ensuring that all vehicles are locked when parked
- using the On Campus On Demand Bus service for travelling around campus at night
- ensuring departmental staff are aware of safety issues.
- ensuring that all vehicles are locked when parked.
ANU Security provides an escort service from University buildings to car parks, halls and colleges (including Fenner Hall on Northbourne Avenue). To access a UniSafe Escort after hours, just dial 02 6125 2249 (extension 52249 from internal phones).
In addition to individual security escorts, ANU Security provides the On Campus On Demand Bus.
Security provides free safe travel across campus (car parks, colleges, libraries, buildings) for students and staff as well as to Fenner Hall.
The driver is in direct contact with Security should a security incident occur.
Students and staff can contact ANU Security on 6125 5549 for pick-up requirements.